Why did you choose MD-MS as your career??
Physician does more of prescribing while surgeon deals more with using instruments. M.D. is a post-graduation in general medicine and M.S. is a post-graduation in general surgery. However, after M.B.B.S. there are some other career options also as- being a medical officer, MBA, going into public services and research.
1. Easier entry. This is the most common reason for someone to choose DNB. Most top rankers in NEET PG will choose MD/MS. So admission in the same stream in DNB will be a little easier than MD/MS.
2. Inexpensive. Only the yearly stipulated fee is to be paid. Compared to the fees charged by private medical colleges it is a very small amount.
3. Management as per guidelines. In many large private hospitals, the management of the case is on par with international standards.
4. Some of the latest procedures, surgical techniques, medical advances, expensive investigations are more commonly done at private hospitals.
5. Recognition abroad: Some countries have started recognizing DNB from India more than MD/MS. So if you aim to work abroad, go for DNB degree.
five to six years